There are 1 units left in stock.
Miscanthus sinensis ‘Gracillimus’ (Japanese Silver Grass) is known for its splendid thin-bladed leaves and elegant form. It has narrow, silver-veined foliage that creates a pleasing symmetrical vase shape; long stems produce lovely fan-like, reddish-colored plumes that are held high above the leaves. Flowers eventually turn silvery white as they mature, and foliage becomes a beautiful auburn-gold after the first frost. This maiden grass tends to maintain its shape until deep winter when it can be left alone to provide shelter for birds or cut back for a neater look. Miscanthus sinensis ‘Gracillimus’ grows best in full sun. It can be planted as a specimen or in large groups.
- Type: Perennial, Grass
- Zone: 5 to 9
- Height: 4.00 to 7.00 feet
- Spread: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
- Bloom Time: August to February
- Bloom Description: Copper maturing to silver
- Sun: Full sun to part shade
- Water: Medium
- Maintenance: Low
- Flower: Showy, Good Cut, Good Dried
- Leaf: Colorful, Good Fall
- Attracts: Birds
- Other: Winter Interest
- Tolerate: Drought, Erosion, Dry Soil, Black Walnut, Air Pollution