There are 4 units left in stock.
One of the most familiar and widely grown ferns of eastern North America, Christmas Fern is named for its evergreen fronds which were used by early New England settlers for Christmas decorations. The firm, deep green leaves make it a great companion for woodland wildflowers. Easy to cultivate, Polystichum achrosticoides thrives well-drained situations in neutral to acidic soils. Shady, wooded slopes are its native habitat. Avoid planting in consistently moist or heavy clay soils. In poorly drained soils crown rot can be a problem in winter.
- Type: Fern
- Zone: 3 to 9
- Height: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
- Spread: 1.00 to 2.00 feet
- Bloom Time: Non-flowering
- Bloom Description: Non-flowering
- Sun: Part shade to full shade
- Water: Dry to medium
- Maintenance: Low
- Leaf: Evergreen
- Other: Winter Interest
- Tolerate: Rabbit, Deer, Drought, Heavy Shade, Erosion, Dry Soil, Shallow-Rocky Soil