There are 4 units left in stock.
Leather leaf viburnum (Viburnum 'Allegheny') grows in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Prune as needed immediately after flowering because flower buds form in summer for the following year. Best fruit set occurs with cross pollination. Shrubs are semi-evergreen (retain some green leaves in winter). Leathery, thick, wrinkled, ovate-oblong, dark green leaves are light green beneath. Creamy white flowers bloom in spring. Flowers have a somewhat unpleasant fragrance. Spring flowers give way to berries which first appear green, then bright red before finally maturing to glossy black by September.
- Type: Deciduous/Semi-Evergreen Shrub
- Height: 8-10 Feet
- Spread: 8-10 Feet
- Hardiness Zones: 5-8
- Bloomtime: April-May
- Flower Color: Creamy White shades
- Foliage Color: Green shades/Good Fall Color
- Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
- Water Requirements: Medium
- Soil Quality: Average Soil Quality
- Attracts: Birds, Butterflies